It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

It's Gonna Be So Purdy

So today our granite countertops for the kitchen are getting put in. I can hear the guys out there working and I realize I'm nervous! I'm afraid to go out and see the progress. What if they do something wrong?? What if they mess something up?? What if I jinx it by looking at it too soon?? I hope I don't hear any of them say "Oops" or something.

I think it's just that after you've waited approximately two years for the kitchen to slowly get assembled into its finished state, each piece of it is a mixed bag of excitement and anxiety. If it had all been done in one fell swoop, I would've only had to go through the roller-coaster feelings once. But this way, I get to discover something new over and over and over again. Seven years' worth of "oh, this is so cool!"

Which is not to say that I recommend or find that worth spreading out a remodel job for seven years.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sonia Wetzel Photography said...

Oh. I. Am. Envious! GOOD FOR YOU!!!! YEAH! Please, purty please post photos when they're done?! I have this picture in my mind of granite counter tops and slate tile floors in my own kitchen. I want to live vicariously through you!!!!

9:42 AM, February 22, 2006

 
Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds that things a coming together. I understand your excitement. Enjoy!

3:26 PM, February 22, 2006

 
Blogger Michelle said...

I HATE you!

Ok i don't really LOL! But damn woman, i am jealous as hell! Granite is super, looks fabulous....what color are you having?

4:53 PM, February 22, 2006

 
Blogger Kylee said...

I am sure it will be beautiful. My kitchen is something out of the 50s...I am jealous. Enjoy it

11:46 PM, February 22, 2006

 
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Your kitchen sounds like its going to look great. Make sure you post some piccies so we can see when it is finished. Take care, Meow

12:42 AM, February 23, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

:)LOL!
if you could see how much is undone, you wouldn't be feeling jealous at all. Still needed: a floor. windowsills. backsplashes on the walls behind the counters. trim. a ceiling fan. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Anyway, I'm going to take a picture and see if I can remember how to post it :)

12:52 AM, February 23, 2006

 
Blogger Sonia Wetzel Photography said...

ACK! I can't stand the excitement of waiting for the picture!!!

11:08 AM, February 23, 2006

 
Blogger heatherfeather said...

i can't wait until i own a house with a kitchen i am certain to start remodeling and then lose interest and eventually stop noticing that the floors are made of plywood...

at least there's progress being made on yours! (lemme know if you need help posting pics)

8:49 PM, February 23, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home