It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Monday, February 06, 2006

Comic Relief

I stole this from Reader's Digest. I blame such theft on my recent (and still-somewhat-lingering) illness:

"My four-year-old daughter is wonderful in all respects, except one: She fibs. So I decided to tell her the story of the boy who cried wolf.

'He kept warning the villagers a wolf was about to attack, but there was no wolf at all,' I explained. 'And when a real wolf did come, he cried out. But no one believed him. And the wolf ate him. Silly, huh?'

Sophie seemed deep in thought for a moment, then looked up and reminded me, 'I was eaten by a wolf once, you know."

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

LMAO, too funny!!!
How you feeling??

4:40 PM, February 06, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

I am feeling better little by little. Thanks!

9:21 PM, February 06, 2006

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I love it! Wonderful response by the kid.

Kids do have the knack for turning those “moral” fairy tales around. My sons have done it more than once to me.

12:09 AM, February 07, 2006

 
Blogger unca said...

Absolutely hilarious!

6:18 AM, February 07, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home