It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Name That Book

This is an excerpt from a book I recently started. Tell me if you recognize what it's from. And if you know, if you've read it, don't give anything away! I just started (and am enjoying it immensely).

This was great:

"It helped that he looked like a rock star, with his hair and his leather jacket and all that, but my feeling wasn't anything to do with music; I just mean that I could tell we needed JJ, and so when he appeared it felt right. He wasn't Ringo, though. He was more like Paul. Maureen was Ringo, except she wasn't very funny. I was George, except I wasn't shy or spiritual. Martin was John, except he wasn't talented or cool. Thinking about it, maybe we were more like another group with four people in it."

10 Comments:

Blogger unca said...

Is it, "The Brothers Karamazov"?

6:31 PM, January 18, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

:) how 'bout Crime and Punishment? Rats. Not that one either.

9:52 PM, January 18, 2006

 
Blogger Michelle said...

I have no idea! All i think of is the Beatles :)

10:57 PM, January 18, 2006

 
Blogger unca said...

"A Long Way Down" by Nick Hornby

9:56 AM, January 19, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

good job, unca. Didja read it? I'm enjoying it a lot. He's a funny guy....

10:50 AM, January 19, 2006

 
Blogger unca said...

Sorry, I cheated by using the hints you gave out. Interesting premise for a book though!

10:54 AM, January 19, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

well, you must've known something about it because the excerpt doesn't really give much away about what book it could be....

and it's a great original premise. You should read it....maybe it's not your kind of book, but maybe it should be :) (and I don't mean because of the topic, of course, but because sometimes it's good to branch out).

11:05 AM, January 19, 2006

 
Blogger unca said...

Well, I just googled some words together -- guess I got lucky. I'll put it on my "wish I had time to read this" list.

6:38 PM, January 19, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

I have one of those lists too....

10:08 PM, January 19, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

that's a good one :)

4:01 PM, January 22, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home