It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Thursday, January 12, 2006

He Strikes Again!

In a good way. I'm talking about boy-o-mine. You remember the purse? Well, anyway, this is similar on maybe a different scale.

There's a new book out, the next in a series that I like, and I've been wanting to read it but I haven't felt like actually buying it. So I've been impatiently waiting for my library to go through its ding-dong waiting list and get to ME.

You can figure the rest. I came home yesterday, plopped down on my bed amidst a tangle of pillows (that guys never get. I don't know if I do either, but they look purdy. Right?). Like the princess and the pea, I felt something underneath a pillow, moved it---and there sat my book! In all its new, unread glory! Yippee!

Don't expect nothin' out of me for the next day.

11 Comments:

Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Enjoy your reading. Incidentally, what book is it ???

3:33 AM, January 13, 2006

 
Blogger heatherfeather said...

>Don't expect nothin' out of me for the next day.

because you're reading or thanking your boy? ;)

5:11 AM, January 13, 2006

 
Blogger the mama said...

what a guy!

8:00 AM, January 13, 2006

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I, too, ask: what is the title of the book?

12:32 PM, January 13, 2006

 
Blogger Kylee said...

Enjoy your book..sounds relaxing!!

1:23 PM, January 13, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

well, it isn't intense literature (since I mentioned a series, I guess that was obvious). The book is "S if for Silence". Kinsey's my girl. Sue Grafton's the author. I eat up her books like candy and never spit them out. She's a good writer, tells a good story, and I usually have to read her books in one fell swoop.
I do read other types of books too ("real literature", whatever that is) and I always welcome recommendations. Bring 'em on!!

h-f: :) :)

1:33 PM, January 13, 2006

 
Blogger Kylee said...

Have you read the Janet Evanovich series...its really good too..in my humble opinion

3:03 PM, January 13, 2006

 
Blogger heatherfeather said...

point taken. :)

3:11 PM, January 13, 2006

 
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Sue Grafton would have to be one of my all time favorites. Haven't managed to read all of her books yet, but getting through them slowly. Can't wait to get that one, though. Hope it was worth the wait.

4:14 PM, January 13, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i also read grafton, but like kylee, i love janet evanovich for sheer escapism (the stephanie plum series).

and "your boy" sounds like one-in-a-million. btw, happy belated b-day to him (missed the opportunity before).

8:52 PM, January 13, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

stephanie plum is lots of fun for sure---agree! And "S" is worth the wait.

11:19 PM, January 13, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home