It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Sunday, January 08, 2006

If You'll Give Me Just A Few More Minutes, I Know I Could Make Something With These Letters

So I've been on a Scrabble kick since Christmas. My sister-in-law is into Scrabble right now (we don't get out much, as you can see!) and she plays online, etc. So we've been challenging each other now and then online. Occasionally I'll even play my husband, but I usually regret it after about five minutes because he beats me generally by several hundred points. Anyway, it's handy to know what words you can do with "q", especially "q without a u". Also there are some two-letter words that are good to know. Now, if you're a die-hard Scrabble player, you already know these. But if you aren't and just play occasionally, it's good to tuck a few of these away in the ole memory box to pull out later and stun your opponents:

some good Q words:

qadi, qaid, qat, qi, qua, (and---for a good ending-in-q word): suq

some good two letter words you might not know:

aa, ae, ai, al, ba, bo, de, fa, jo, ka, ki, la, li, lo, mi, mo, mu, na, ne, nu, od, oe, oi, om, op, os, oy, pe, qi, re, sh, si, ta, ti, um, un, ut, wo, xi, xu, ya, ye, yo, za.

So there. A bunch of stuff you didn't care about knowing but now maybe will come in handy someday. You never can tell.

2 Comments:

Blogger Happy Birthday! said...

some good three-letter words you might not know:

vau, vav, eta, ami, oxo, ait, tae

:)

PS Ally-say is killing my rating in online Scrabble. Whatever!

11:23 PM, January 09, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

HAH!! I haven't seen you on there lately.
And those are some great three letter words...Gonna make a note of those.
Some guy knocked my rating down. I'm wondering why I care about my rating, but anyway. Guess it's all about numbers. (There's some other numbers of mine I'd like to knock down. WAY down.)

1:31 PM, January 10, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home