It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas!

I am enjoying a wonderful Christmas and festive times with my husband's family. All of his siblings are together, which doesn't happen all that often, and all of the grandkids on that side are together. This equals: loud screaming bursts of laughter, debates, games and more games, staying up late, sleeping in, eating and then more eating.

I consider myself to be one of the luckiest people on earth to have married into such an amazingly wonderful family. From them I have learned more about kindness and caring and sharing and loving and empathy than I have ever known before. My parents began the teaching of these basics, and this family of sweet husband mine has willingly, lovingly, taken an interest in my continuing education. Top-notch instruction. They're all top drawer.

I hope that everyone else is having a great Christmas day and an excellent holiday season. Be safe! Have fun! Enjoy! Send me the leftovers.

9 Comments:

Blogger jay are said...

diet coke??? what makes you think there'd be any of that?? :)

7:51 PM, December 26, 2005

 
Blogger heatherfeather said...

mmmmmmmmmm. diet coke.

what was this post about?

i got distracted.

:) i am glad your holidays are being lovely.

8:36 PM, December 26, 2005

 
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

I love how each person's family brings a little different perspective to one's table!

12:36 PM, December 27, 2005

 
Blogger Rob said...

sounds like a bunch of losers to me. what fun are the holidays if the day doesn't end with someone shouting "you are dead to me"?

2:37 AM, December 28, 2005

 
Blogger jay are said...

losers is a relative term. no pun intended :)

12:45 PM, December 28, 2005

 
Blogger Unknown said...

And a blessed and shalom-filled New Year to ya!

2:32 PM, December 31, 2005

 
Blogger Michelle said...

Happy New Year! May 2006 bring you and your wonderful men, health and happiness :)

3:48 PM, December 31, 2005

 
Blogger Lois Lane said...

I'm glad you had a great Christmas. Happy New Year!
Lois Lane

8:11 PM, December 31, 2005

 
Blogger jay are said...

Yay for Mamacita! :)

2:19 AM, January 03, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home