It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Friday, January 13, 2006

You Light Up My Life

There's a radio station in our area that does something called "Ten at Ten" where they play ten songs from years past and refer to them (as I discovered tonight) as "Hits From Hell". Tonight while driving to pick up my oldest from a friend's house, I hear all these great old songs from the past that my cousin and I used to sing at the top our lungs. Then the D.J. says, "...and another for the Hits From Hell." And I was offended. HEY! Of what does he talk? Now, a few of them I had to agree belonged in the category and while the rest I wouldn't necessarily listen to now on purpose, still.....they were great songs. In their time. Leave 'em alone.

The song in the title of this post was the one picked by voters as the worst one of the list for tonight. Think about how many people have never even heard of it. That makes me older than I feel.

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

A Debbie Boone fav of mine (ssh i don't let too many people know this). I used to pretend i was her, what a sad life i had LOL.
Some of those songs back then were great fun....remember "Billy don't be a Hero"!

2:11 AM, January 14, 2006

 
Blogger Kylee said...

I love those songs. I too don't go out of my way to listen but I always catch myself remembering things from the past when hearing them..they are all fun memories.

9:02 AM, January 14, 2006

 
Blogger heatherfeather said...

you light up my life was the first song i learned all the words to. i was 18 months old.

2:54 PM, January 14, 2006

 
Blogger unca said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:41 PM, January 16, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

unca, you had a message here and I think you just better put it back. It's open for debate that way!

1:31 AM, January 17, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home