It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Fast-Forward

My entire household has been felled by a vicious illness. We've fallen in true domino fashion: first my oldest son on Saturday. Followed by my youngest on Monday. Tuesday snagged my middle son and myself. Wednesday claimed victory over my husband. Bam.

Fever. Terrible cough. Achiness. Zero energy. It's been the pits! I'm actually feeling slightly better today and the instigator of the trauma---my eldest---actually went to a few classes today.

In my last post I mentioned the need for a "pause" button and heatherfeather mentioned a fast-forward button, and that's exactly what is needed right now. I'd like to please fast-forward through the next couple of days, wake up to sunny, blue skies and a household with no sickness lingering in any corner anywhere. Oh, and while you're at it, can you also do a quick cleaning and a little bit of laundry? Thanks.

That's my order. I'd like it express.

8 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

You poor things, how awful. Best wishes to you all, get well soon :)

1:48 PM, February 02, 2006

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I know your illness well. A friend’s son got it, passed it on to me, and about the time he was over it, I evidently passed it on to his mom.

Fast forward may not help: I understand that this illness has a habit of making return visits.

1:51 PM, February 02, 2006

 
Blogger heatherfeather said...

sorry you guys have been illin' chez jay are...

don't forget to ask for a yummy, fluffy sort of warm beverage with whipped cream when you get the fast-forwarded clean houses and laundry.

5:48 PM, February 02, 2006

 
Blogger Kylee said...

ohh yeah that sounds awful. I hope you all feel better soon!!!

7:48 PM, February 02, 2006

 
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Hope you all get better soon. Take care, Meow

10:15 PM, February 02, 2006

 
Blogger Sonia Wetzel Photography said...

I wish I were close enough to DO some of that stuff for you! My fingers are crossed that The Pestilence leaves your home soon. *Poof!*

10:17 AM, February 03, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope y'all are doing better soon. i know that there's a nasty thing going around here too.

it looks to be a beautiful day here in no cal -- hope it's like that for you in the bay area.

11:33 AM, February 03, 2006

 
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Are you better YET?!! I sure hope so!!

9:15 PM, February 05, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home