It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Saturday, February 18, 2006

But Now The Waffles Are Jealous

A few weeks ago I caught the tail end of a news report that is still bugging me. It's a story that springs up from time to time and every time it does, I shake my head. Apparently a couple from who-knows-where discovered the image of Jesus on one of their pancakes one morning. Yes, that's right---Jesus. And yes, on a pancake.

The part that always confuses me, the part I can't figure out, is how do these people know what Jesus looks like? (And doesn't it seem strange that these images are never similar? Actually, of the few "likenesses" I've seen, there's never anything recognizable on the item to begin with). I mean, how come it's not an image of the homeless guy down by the bus stop? Or the neighbor next door? Or ole cousin Tom? How come it's always Jesus? I'm pretty sure there weren't any cameras in those days, and I'm also pretty sure that there aren't any coal and chalk sketches of Christ that have been preserved through the ages. I suspect foul play.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I suppose people see what they want to see. Most people seem to think Jesus looked like some Renaissance artist’s painting, which if absurd.

I surprised they didn’t put their pancake up for auction on eBay.

12:17 AM, February 19, 2006

 
Blogger heatherfeather said...

i think that i prefer french toast to pancakes, but waffles to french toast on the occasion that there is blueberry compote - otherwise french toast is still my favorite.

i know this post was actually a complex plan to try to find out what you are going to make me for breakfast, so i just removed the pretext.

:)

12:23 AM, February 19, 2006

 
Blogger Michelle said...

LMAO! I wanna know why i don't get to see Jesus in my Hot Cross Bun?

2:09 AM, February 19, 2006

 
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

I had Elvis hiding in my Cheerios this morning !!!

4:04 AM, February 19, 2006

 
Blogger mreddie said...

I prefer to see Jesus in the smiles of my grandchildren and the love of my wife. ec

6:30 PM, February 19, 2006

 
Blogger unca said...

Reminds me of the story of the little boy who was drawing a picture. "Who's that?" his mother asked. "God," said the little boy. "But no one knows what God looks like," replied the mother. To which the son replied, "They will now."

7:24 PM, February 19, 2006

 
Blogger Kylee said...

I think people see what they want to see, maybe what they need to see and what they believe. too them its all that matters.

7:53 AM, February 20, 2006

 
Blogger Erik said...

whenever i make pancakes, i just make them in the shape of the virgin mary. i do this because i think making them look like jesus is a little over the top. who's with me on this one?

10:35 PM, February 21, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

well, erik, I think that's probably the best way. saves a lot of time and guesswork....

and I think it must be true that people see what they want to see. And I especially like where mr. eddie sees Jesus. :)

I'm with you on the french toast, h-f.

2:43 AM, February 22, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home