It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Perspective Again

So in my last post I mentioned that some things happen to keep things in perspective. Like today, for instance, when we attended the funeral (another one, yes) of one of our friends. She was 24 and lost her 3 year battle to cancer. Like was mentioned today, hers was a life taken but also a life given. She was so positive and so giving and so caring, even up to the end. I can't imagine being her parents right now. How do you bury your child? It isn't supposed to work that way. So: perspective. I'm lucky that I just have to be bummed about replacing a processor and what that might involve.

And I'm lucky to be alive, and I don't want to waste a minute.

4 Comments:

Blogger jay aitch said...

.....and you are of an age for a yearly mammogram and a 10-year recurring colonoscopy because of family history. This has been a public service. You are welcome.

11:06 PM, September 21, 2008

 
Blogger jay aitch said...

P.S. That was supposed to read: 'this has been a public service announcement.'

1:05 AM, September 22, 2008

 
Blogger Crystal said...

i'm sorry about your friend. that is heartbreaking. it is just not fair.

you know, the reason i got The Book Thief was because i read your review on it. i went straight to amazon and ordered it after reading your post. it sat on my shelf forever and then we lost power and i decided to pick it up. it really is a wonderful work - kept thinking the author is a genius - the way he wrote, the words he chose. it was awesome. you have excellent taste in books! it's like you gave me a present! thank you!

7:38 AM, September 23, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

I'm so glad you liked it...and there's lots more where that came from :)

7:42 AM, September 23, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home