It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Friday, August 29, 2008

There But For The Grace Of God Go I

I read the news sometimes and I feel humbled by the inequity of life. It's 107 here and my dryer has been deciding to shut itself off and so I had to go to the laundromat and deal with that whole scene with 12 loads of laundry and my middle son had issues again with his cochlear implant processors because of sweat making them fritz out and my oldest son discovered this morning that someone bashed out his window in his car and stole his stereo from the car he bought with his own money. Frustrating day! But then I hear about some friends of ours who just delivered their precious daughter two months early with the umbilical cord wrapped tightly around her neck two times and she didn't make it. How do you bear that? With that in mind and news stories like these, I realize: I. AM. SO. FORTUNATE. I. AM. SO. FORTUNATE. It will be my new mantra.

3 Comments:

Blogger 3boys'mom said...

Nothing like a little perspective to get us thinking straight again, eh? It's always so easy to feel sorry for ourself when really, we have it so good!

6:50 PM, August 29, 2008

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Whenever I find myself thinking that my troubles are horrific, I remember the words “I complained that I had no shoes; then I saw a man who had no feet.”

Blessings, my friend!

7:04 PM, August 29, 2008

 
Blogger Bookworm said...

It truly is all in the perspective. We have to count our blessings every single day. Your commenter "Sometimes Saintly Nick" said it perfectly. My heart goes out to your friend.

9:39 PM, August 29, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home