It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Monday, August 04, 2008

Not What A Mom Wants To Hear

I'm working inside the house, the boys are outside swimming. I can hear them through the window (and I check on them all the time. The rule is, they can swim without me there as long as they're both in the pool. Neither one can ever swim by himself). I can hear them playing, negotiating their next move. I'm not paying too much attention until I hear my youngest say: "Fine. Fine. But if we die, it's your fault." Warms a mom's heart.

10 Comments:

Blogger jay aitch said...

Well, that is not a good thing to overhear!!! Better keep your window shades open! They are a couple of nuts!!!! : )

4:54 PM, August 04, 2008

 
Blogger Rob said...

that's hilarious -- made me laugh out loud. :-D my nephews rock.

7:11 PM, August 04, 2008

 
Blogger Gina said...

little stinkers ;)

9:30 PM, August 04, 2008

 
Blogger mreddie said...

Not a good thing to hear at all. That so much sounds like my three local grandsons. :) ec

9:42 PM, August 04, 2008

 
Blogger Bookworm said...

Holy crap! No doubt you felt your stomch drop into your toes. That can't be a good thing to hear, at all. But such a typical thing for boys to say!! LOL

10:26 AM, August 05, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

no, I wasn't so thrilled to hear that. But you know, it's always important to be able to establish blame, no matter the outcome.

11:40 AM, August 05, 2008

 
Blogger unca said...

Scary but hilarious!! Reminds me of the time I caught one of my granddaughters doing something dangerous. She looked at me and said, "My mom lets me do this if she doesn't see me."

7:59 AM, August 06, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

Ha!! That is too funny! I have to remember that one. I wonder when I could ever use it....hmmmm.

8:37 AM, August 06, 2008

 
Blogger Amy said...

So what happened? Are they still with us?

:)

12:27 PM, August 06, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

I guess they lucked out! I didn't hear any crashing or yelling or thrashing about, so...guess it wasn't so dangerous after all. or they wised up. Nahhh...

12:54 PM, August 06, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home