It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer

I'm finding that it takes me a very very long time to empty a box. I circle it, ponder it, take something out, avoid it, work around it....and then finally I'll empty it and put everything in it away. At this rate we'll be moved into our new digs in about 2012.

It's been an amazingly busy summer so far. We just returned late late Sunday night from a family reunion in Colorado. We were in a stunningly beautiful area outside of Denver called Winter Park, I believe, but the altitude completely wiped me out. The first two days I could barely lift my head off of the bed, which was a bit of a bummer. It was either the altitude or it was a combination of that and exhaustion and low immunity, etc. After the first couple of days, though, I felt a little more normal (if being completely stuffed up and learning to take very shallow breaths is normal) and so I was able to enjoy the fun of being with my mother-in-law's family---and a great great family it is. We had a great time.

Our flights to Colorado were out of the Bay Area, though, since we bought the tickets before we had an inkling we were going to move. It felt very strange to land in San Jose and then leave to come two hours north---it felt a little backwards and strange until we got here and then everything felt right and okay. The flight out of Denver heading to California was at dusk and the sunset there was beautiful. The best part was that we got to chase the sunset for over an hour. A perfect way to come home.

I'm hoping to post a picture or two as soon as I can. I'll be getting those shortly, I hope, from people who were smart enough to actually remember a camera!

4 Comments:

Blogger mreddie said...

That sounds a little like the method I use to clean my closet - I think about it a lot and not much else gets done.

I'm a big fan of sunsets - especially extended ones. Will be waiting for the photos. ec

7:58 PM, July 16, 2008

 
Blogger 3boys'mom said...

Ahh..but with the addition of that red chair, the place has gotta start feeling like home! :)

2:45 PM, July 18, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

hee hee...for sure it does!!

2:56 PM, July 18, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and the new pictures and entry table!

1:58 PM, July 19, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home