It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Monday, June 09, 2008

Big Brown's Big Loss

I'm not much into horse racing, but I've been seeing the hype lately over Big Brown. He was favored to win but bombed completely, coming in dead last. In fact, he apparently became the first horse seeking the Triple Crown to finish last in 140 years of running the 1 1/2-mile Belmont. All that aside--really, it's neither here nor there to me--my favorite quote from an article I saw, spoken by Big Brown's trainer: "I feel like a big loser right now and I don't know why."

Um...because your horse just lost?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think that the whole Triple Crown thing gets way to much media hype. Horses, like people, have good days and bad days. The race could be rerun tomorrow and Big Brown could win by 5 lengths or might finish last again.

3:26 AM, June 10, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

that's how it seems to me, too! I always feel sorry for the horses. :)

7:46 AM, June 10, 2008

 
Blogger Crystal said...

it's like i talk about how my dog is sooo smart and all the tricks he can do and then people come over and i give my dog commands and he just sits there like i all of the sudden started speaking chinese. it is quite embarrassing.

2:11 PM, June 16, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home