It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Sticker Shock

or something like it. I just put gas in the ole van and almost fell over in a dead faint, right there at the pump: $78.32 to fill up my tank. That's a first and unfortunately not a last. I know that a lot of people see higher numbers than that, and I'm certainly glad I don't drive diesel right now...but this is nuts! Soon it's going to be a choice between eating or gas in the car. Well, maybe I'll lose that last 15 pounds after all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

i work for the devil....and my gas still isn't any cheaper. however, we do get free tampons in the bathroom.

7:51 AM, April 08, 2008

 
Blogger Extrem4 said...

Move to ID it is still a little cheaper here (3.20 at costco)butI am sure it will go up for the summer. remember we even have an HP here. It might be worth it to keep those extra 15 lbs.

8:38 AM, April 08, 2008

 
Blogger 3boys'mom said...

Isn't it terrible? Robert drives a diesel truck to work 40 minutes one way...when we got the thing, diesel was way cheaper!!! Now when I think of going camping, all I hear is ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching!

10:44 AM, April 08, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

it's the pits for sure!

...if there was just a way to make the tampons into gas, that might be useful!

and ID...I toy with the idea sometimes...but there's all that white stuff and coldness. Hmmmm...I'm kinda wimpy. I guess the extra 15 pounds would come in handy then, huh?!

10:56 AM, April 08, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

no free gas, crystal?? what a rip.

10:56 AM, April 08, 2008

 
Blogger chica40208 said...

GAS HERE IS 363 A GAL IN MAMI FL

11:17 AM, April 14, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home