It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Do You Suffer From Apocolocynposis?

In case you're not sure, let me explain. Apocolocynposis is the fear of turning into a pumpkin. That's right. Turning Into A Pumpkin. So if you're hiding in your house, jumping at the sight of anything round and orange, fearing Halloween and midnight, not sleeping lest you awake a pumpkin--you now have a name for your pitiful condition.

Are there really possibly enough people with such a phobia that there's actually a name for it?? How is that possible?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have never had the fear of turning into a pumpkin. I am a pumpkin.

6:50 PM, March 26, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

lol! well, I doubt that, but I guess it can't be too frightful anyway!

8:06 PM, March 26, 2008

 
Blogger si said...

seriously, this is a diagnosis?? i wonder how many other esoteric phobias/psychoses have medical terms? :)

5:24 PM, March 28, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

arachibutyrophobisis the fear of getting peanut butter stuck to the roof of your mouth. Pteronophobia is the fear of getting tickled by a feather. (I learned those from my kid's planner.) pretty stange.

3:14 PM, June 04, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

I laughed out loud at those. Peanut butter on the roof of your mouth? How crazy a fear is that? Wow...those were interesting. Thanks for sharing.

3:22 PM, June 04, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home