It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Defense Against The Dark....Weather

Parts of this country are getting completely bombarded with terrible weather---now it's horrible rain and floods everywhere. It must be terrifying to be swept away by massive walls of water. Makes me feel almost guilty for enjoying the sunshine and mild temperatures we've been having here in the northern part of this fair state of California. At any rate, I know the conditions are terrible in places (Missouri comes to mind) and I don't mean to make light of people's suffering, but I have to admit that this photo made me laugh (notice the guy):

Do you think that little pool floatie around his waist is going to do the trick? Poor guy. I hope he doesn't count on it too much.

4 Comments:

Blogger Blogball said...

What make this even funnier for some reason is that he’s smoking a cigarette.

Maybe he didn’t have the lung power to blow up anything bigger than this.

6:09 PM, March 20, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

lol...! You're hilarious. I was finding that cigarette funny as well. I almost went back and edited the post to mention it. I was thinking that at least he'd found a dry cigarette...imagine if not!

9:13 PM, March 20, 2008

 
Blogger Unknown said...

You are not seeing me out like that!

Thankfully, I live on a hill. There are flash floods all around the city and county.

6:41 AM, March 21, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

yeah, you're kind of in the thick of it. Stay safe, Nick!

8:31 AM, March 21, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home