It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

One Hit Wonder

I'm sure hardly anyone but me remembers this song but since I first heard it---in the 80's I guess (yikes!)---it has always remained one of my top ten favorites. Few songs can I say that I've never gotten sick of, and this is one of them. I'm not sure exactly what the appeal is, but it's stuck for sure. I mention it because I just saw today where the singer/songwriter Paul Davis died yesterday. He had a few other hits, but this was the one that had any sort of staying power. For me, anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Hey! At least a 2 hit wonder -- Cool Night was also a great song.

My aunt Linda went to school with him..

I always loved this song, too.....

5:37 PM, April 26, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

I forgot she went to school with him!! That's neat...and yeah, I forgot about Cool Night. I loved that song too---evokes kind of the same feelings. Ah, those lovely 70s and 80s :)

5:50 PM, April 26, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home