It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Friday, July 25, 2008

Do You Know This Man? You Should.

I don't know how many of you have heard about The Last Lecture. A question posed to selected beloved professors at Carnegie-Mellon: If you could give a last lecture, what would it be? Randy Pausch, the man you should know if you don't already, gave a now-famous and astounding "last lecture". He was dying of pancreatic cancer, and his lecture---meant for his children---inspired millions. If you haven't ever seen it, you must. You must. If you don't have the book, get it.

I bring this up because Randy Pausch died today in Virginia. After watching his lecture, reading his book...you feel like you know him somehow. Or you sure wish you had. You want to be like him and live life like he did. And to hear that he has died is just.....sad.

So take a little time sometime and become acquainted if you aren't already familiar. Two places to start are H-E-R-E and H-E-R-E. It's worth the time it takes; believe me.

6 Comments:

Blogger jay aitch said...

This is so outstanding! What a man!

10:55 PM, July 26, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

What a man. What a loss.

11:19 PM, July 26, 2008

 
Blogger mreddie said...

"The Last Lecture" was one of the most moving things that I have ever witnessed. It seems to me that this will be a legacy that will be very comforting to his wife and youngs ones. And I agree, what a loss!! ec

9:32 PM, July 27, 2008

 
Blogger Blogball said...

Thanks for posting this jay are. I am familiar with this man and I was sad to hear of his passing.
like merddie said I hope his gret lagacy will be a comfort to his wife and kids.

12:13 AM, July 28, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

I hope so too...it surely has reached a touched the rest of us.

12:30 AM, July 28, 2008

 
Blogger Gina said...

I have seen the lecture and I have the book. I am sad that his family has lost him. What a work of Love he has left behind for them though!

9:08 PM, July 28, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home