It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Friday, August 22, 2008

You Too Can Start The Day This Way If You Want

My plan was to go walking through the lovely hilly streets of my neighborhood. Almost ready, I passed through the kitchen when miscellaneous misplaced items by the pool caught my eye. I thought I'd just step out there first and pick that stuff right up and then be on my way. While doing a quick straightening up, I noticed a few pool balls back behind a palm tree so I carefully maneuvered the pool net over in that corner, captured the football, was carefully stepping back a bit to bring it out when..........oops! Too close to the edge and in I went---clothes, shoes, glasses, the works! Thank goodness I didn't have pockets or my cell phone would have gone swimming as well.

From upstairs my husband heard a yelp of surprise and then **SPLASH** and then, likely, hysterical laughing. I lugged my wet self out, giggling as I went, just imagining the sight that must've been. I wonder if anyone saw? Probably not, but boy did they miss out.

I guess that's one way to get me in the pool. And oh, hey, the football? Got it. No problem.

10 Comments:

Blogger Happy Birthday! said...

Ha! That's hilarious. Too bad your kids weren't around to see it, they would have treasured the experience! :-)

12:55 PM, August 22, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

oh, they would have indeed. And I bet I might've heard about it a time or two in the future. Actually, I guess I still might since I wasn't exactly by myself :)

1:34 PM, August 22, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, hubby will never forget it, trust me!

2:56 PM, August 22, 2008

 
Blogger Rob said...

This is why everyone should have 24/7 video coverage of their yards...

5:44 PM, August 22, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

where's google when you need 'em?

6:03 PM, August 22, 2008

 
Blogger 3boys'mom said...

Reminds me of when I was 9 months pregnant and decided to plant the front flower beds....holding a plant in both hands, I tripped over a sprinkler and fell right back on my big bum, feet in the air, just like in the comics....a guy in a truck passing by gave a big long honk! My husband laughed hysterically! At the time, I didn't have the sense of humor about it you had!

8:53 PM, August 23, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

oh, but it's really funny now to think of it! ha! that must not have felt so good at the time, tho.

9:09 PM, August 23, 2008

 
Blogger Lisa said...

haha. Thanks for the laugh!!

6:16 PM, August 24, 2008

 
Blogger Bookworm said...

It's one of those "if I only had a video camera on me right now I'd win on America's Funniest Videos" moments, eh?

What a visual! And good for a laugh.

8:11 PM, August 24, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While beginning her stroll for the day,
Jay Are stopped to put pool toys away.
I would give lots of cash
To have seen that big splash,
But I'm really just glad she's okay!

11:20 AM, August 27, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home