It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Friday, September 19, 2008

Hear Today....But Not Tomorrow

Well, not exactly no hearing but diminished hearing, I guess you could say. It happened like this:

we left our house, ready to go to my inlaws' house about an hour and a half away. We drove the five minutes or so to the highway, turned onto the highway and picked up speed. After about three minutes of acceleration, something went flying off the windshield/hood. It seemed to have come from around the area of the windshield wiper. As soon as I saw it fly off into the wind, I had a sick sick feeling that I knew what it was. Sure enough:

"Um, is it possible that you don't have one of your processors on?" I asked my youngest son. Right before we left, he had been on his scooter, waiting for us to get in the car. In order to wear his helmet, he has to remove one of his speech processors. The rule is that they can never never never put a processor anywhere but in the house on a table, in the car in a safe place, etc. A place to NEVER put a processor, for instance, is on the hood of the car or sitting on the windshield or something like that.

The answer to my pointless question was, "No, I don't have my left one on." We stopped on the shoulder, backed up about 200 yards, and my husband and I got out and combed the side of the highway. We found about twelve pieces of it. Twelve pieces don't a processor make. It was amazing how completely stripped that puppy was. It's too complicated to go into, but suffice it to say that its days of usefulness are over.

I think these things happen so that everything can be kept in perspective. We thought it was a bummer that we'd left a little later than we'd wanted, but soon we realized that it would be lovely to only be bummed about that.

4 Comments:

Blogger 3boys'mom said...

Oh man, Jacquie....what a SICK feeling...you have had MORE processor problems since you moved here!

3:11 PM, September 20, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

I know! Processor cursed!

5:40 PM, September 20, 2008

 
Blogger Rob said...

to me, that sounds like about a year of daily extra chores, plus writing "i will put my processor in a safe place" 10 times each morning... ;-)

3:59 AM, September 23, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

...at the very least.

7:43 AM, September 23, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home