It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Sunday, December 30, 2007

2 0 0 7


Things I didn't do in 2007:


I didn't play piano like this

I didn't make any moves like this

I never once sang like this

I didn't quite get to this point


Things I DID in 2007:

Played online scrabble.

Drank diet coke.

Got to the 140s in court reporting (even though I could've probably gotten to the 160s with more commitment and practice. Ah well) (And this is words per minute, just to clarify).

Lost 22 pounds.

Met two long-time friends for an overnight getaway for lots of fun and laughter. We solved the world's problems.

Bought my current favorite CD by Brandi Carlile.

Read some great books.

Apparently started to get Alzheimer's because I can't really remember anything else super amazing that I did or that happened in 2007, except that:

In the last throws of the year, two friends of mine went away/ditched me/disappeared. One was a cyber-friend (are they even real??) but the other was the flesh-and-blood kind. It will take some time to get over. I anticipate 2008 to be a healer.

And I anticipate a lot of good things in 2008. I can feel it in me bones.

8 Comments:

Blogger jay aitch said...

You go, girl! You accomplished a lot!

11:00 PM, January 01, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved observing the things you didn't do. You are awesome not only for what you did do, but for what you are. p.s. I'm glad you didn't attain to that horrible muscle creature body. Yuck!
Love, Guess Who

10:57 PM, January 02, 2008

 
Blogger Emily said...

I heart Brandi Carlile too. That's quite a log of accomplishments...you should be proud.

3:50 PM, January 03, 2008

 
Blogger Amy said...

22 lbs? Sheesh, I hope I can SEE you next time I see you! :)

5:42 PM, January 03, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

oh, no worries there, Amy. Unfortunately! ha!

6:23 PM, January 03, 2008

 
Blogger SoozeSchmooze said...

I am not sure how the dancers didn't just fall down dizzy...guess it takes practice...all those things take practice...long long hours...hard to be a Mom and accomplish all that too!! I am glad that since you didn't do all those other things that at least you had a fine list of great accomplishments..I know what you mean though about going blank on remembering all the highlights of 2007...guess that is why some people journal...guess you could have just reviewed your blog over the year! Great work Jay are!

1:31 PM, January 08, 2008

 
Blogger unca said...

With that tight outfit on, I'd say the guy "dancing" was actually just trying to get rid of a wedgy.

7:06 AM, January 09, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

:) he did it so gracefully, didn't he?

11:46 AM, January 09, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home