It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Gluteus Minimus


I know that's really small and probably impossible to read. The lady on the right is saying, "I like to remind myself that round is a shape, too." Ha! I like to comfort myself with that thought as well.

I've been working on trying to limit/deflate/minimize the roundness however, and my latest endeavor in that regard has been the spinning/cycling classes at my local Y. I love them! Ages ago my sister-in-law tried to coax me into trying a spinning class but I was always a bit intimidated by all that work and all those flying legs and a whole hour of it. But I gotta tell you, it's great. I'm quite often the "roundest" one in there---I don't exactly have the boyish lean biker frame, but I don't care. I don't have the cool biking clothes and the biking shoes, etc., and it makes no never mind. It's a great workout. Give it a try.

And maybe, someday, that comic strip won't really apply.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Keep up the good exercise, Jay Are! And, thanks for the inspiration you give me. I need it!

9:20 AM, December 12, 2007

 
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

So funny, I"m completely intimidated by spinning too! Maybe it's because the first gym I saw them at about 10 yrs ago had a glow-in-teh-dark/black light room and made it sll the more hip, which I am not. Good for you for trying some thing new.

11:30 AM, December 12, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've yet to try a spinning class. I've tried Pilates at a YMCA while I was visiting my friend in California, and loved that. I may have to try the spinning too. And I'm on the same bandwagon you are. :-) 13 pounds down, but due to stress rather than good habits. LOL! It was a jumpstart, none the less, so I'm going with it.

11:32 AM, December 17, 2007

 
Blogger jay are said...

hey, you take whatever you get, right?? Good luck with that! And have a great great holiday season, sonia. Hope everything's going great.

12:14 PM, December 17, 2007

 
Blogger Blogball said...

Speaking of spinning …artists like Ruben would probably be spinning in their graves if they saw the women that are considered attractive today.

Hey maybe all the really skinny ladies out there should have a ruben sandwich in his honor.

(Just a thought)

9:40 AM, December 18, 2007

 
Blogger Crystal said...

my belly is quite round. i just bought some padded panties to make my butt look bigger to even it out.

2:24 PM, February 21, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

lol...yeah, it's about being symmetrical....

2:35 PM, February 21, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home