It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Monday, December 03, 2007

Aw, Shucks

Yesterday I walked into a meeting where a bunch of people were gathered and a man I've known for years, who happened to be seated next to my mom, leaned over and said to her, "Your daughter looks so young! She looks like she's 25!" Wow! Talk about making my week!! Or month! He's my new favorite person. My husband was appropriately pleased for me when I told him about it but he couldn't resist adding, "Do you suppose his mind is going or his eyesight?" Har-de-har.

7 Comments:

Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Aw! And you DO look young for your age! I was just thinking, that Diet Coke can doesn't look a day older than 20! (;

1:33 PM, December 04, 2007

 
Blogger jay are said...

lookin' good, eh?! And I don't mind being so round when I'm a can.

3:10 PM, December 04, 2007

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Compliments are nice, as long as the complimenter isn't hittin' on ya.

11:09 PM, December 04, 2007

 
Blogger jay are said...

not a chance! :)

11:19 PM, December 04, 2007

 
Blogger Happy Birthday! said...

woohoo! you DO look young. Especially sometimes when you put your hair in a ponytail. When you suck your thumb, though, it's kind of awkward.

2:55 PM, December 05, 2007

 
Blogger SoozeSchmooze said...

you look young....you act smart...you are young...ummmm what else can I say....oh I have never seen you sucking your thumb!!!! Do you do that????

12:34 PM, December 10, 2007

 
Blogger jay are said...

yeah, I might stop with the thumb sucking. :)

1:36 PM, December 10, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home