It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Friday, November 30, 2007

House Rules

In our kitchen there's a whiteboard and my husband has the two house rules written on it: House Rule #1, Everybody Be Nice. House Rule #2, see Rule #1. Well, occasionally I'll go out to the kitchen and notice that the rules have been changed. These changes are always made by my youngest (who, incidentally, turns 10 in two weeks...hard to believe. No more single digits in my house!). Anyway, yesterday I noticed some changes. Here are the new house rules:

#1: Everybody be mean
#2: So mean
#3: play COMPUTER! always
#4: see #1, 2, 3......even you, George Washington

**I was just informed that the last two rules were suggested by my 12-yr-old. So it was a collaboration of sorts.

9 Comments:

Blogger jay aitch said...

That's my guy!

12:00 PM, November 30, 2007

 
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

They are so hilarious! "even you, George Washington." Ha!

3:03 PM, November 30, 2007

 
Blogger Happy Birthday! said...

ok, that's hilarious. they are so funny!!

5:25 PM, November 30, 2007

 
Blogger SoozeSchmooze said...

Thanks for sharing that Jay Are...
I laughed and laughed as did my husband...

1:31 PM, December 04, 2007

 
Blogger Happy Birthday! said...

Now, when my husband does or says something I don't like, and I give him some sign of disapproval, like a face, he just yells, "Everybody be mean! So mean!"

2:58 PM, December 05, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was so funny! I loved it! Those boys are brilliant wits and the kind of kids that you just can't stay mad at. (who wants to stay mad anyway?)
My kids were like that too. Do you think there's a connection? I have to put this under Anonymous because my blogging name doesn't work. Mamacita xo xo

12:51 AM, December 07, 2007

 
Blogger jay are said...

there might be a connection, mamacita :)

9:25 AM, December 07, 2007

 
Blogger Crystal said...

you live with george washington???

does he really have wooden teeth??

2:22 PM, February 21, 2008

 
Blogger jay are said...

wooden, termite-infested teeth, likely.

2:36 PM, February 21, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home