It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Monday, June 25, 2007

Busy With A Whole Lotta Nothin'

Not "nothing" in the sense of "nothing important" but meaning "not a whole lot to show for it."

We've been busy as can be, it seems, but I feel like I've not accomplished a whole lot. We went down south to Tehachapi to visit a good friend of mine and her kids. They followed us back up home and my friend (who's a wonder in the garden) is magically making my yard look lovely once again. She can do more in five minutes than I can do in a week. We around here call her "Gunda" (pronounced goon-dah) as in "Gunda the maid" because she's always busily working when she's here.

It's quite a thing, though, to have seven kids running pell-mell, trying to garden, trying to do my court reporting school stuff and trying to keep the house from totalling collapsing. But that's what summer's all about, right?? We haven't done anything fun with the kids yet, though, and they're getting mighty bored. We planned to go to the beach tomorrow but it's looking like the coast is a bit on the cold and foggy side this week, so we'll probably stick closer to town and go to the park and have a picnic. Not on the scale of, say, Disneyland fun but fun nonetheless.

Okay, now that you're all bored out of your minds....aren't you glad I posted again? Imagine if you'd missed this!

Hope everyone else is having a decent summer.

7 Comments:

Blogger prrrof said...

Court reporting?? Who knew?

Your summer sounds great, actually. Kids all over, a friend gardening--I love it!

8:29 AM, June 26, 2007

 
Blogger Lisa said...

Yeah, I didn't know you were back in the court reporting game....where have I been??

8:59 AM, June 26, 2007

 
Blogger jay are said...

I didn't know I hadn't mentioned it (court reporting) or posted about it. How weird is that! Guess that'll be upcoming. :)

10:49 AM, June 26, 2007

 
Blogger Amy said...

Glad to get an update! Send Gunda over here when she's done okay? Sounds great to me!

Looking forward to the court reporting news!

7:11 PM, June 26, 2007

 
Blogger Sonia Wetzel Photography said...

I'm going to need to borrow your friend too. :-)
Anxious to hear about the court reporting!

10:09 PM, June 27, 2007

 
Blogger Dx said...

Hey, you need to stop writing this rubbish 'cos I'm waiting for more news on your friend, Paris. What's happening over there?

9:04 AM, June 28, 2007

 
Blogger jay are said...

yeah, Paris!! She's outta jail. I'm SO RELIEVED!! According to her, it was all totally unwarranted of course.

1:52 PM, June 28, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home