It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Thursday, May 31, 2007

In The News

I think it's kind of cool that the whole world has been captivated by the wayward whales that appeared in our fair state and who now, apparently, have made it safely out to sea. Bon Voyage!In this world of high-tech, fast-paced, technology-based entertainment, it's refreshing to know that nature can still have a pull.

And speaking of technology and entertainment, I heard on the radio the other day a line-up of all the shows coming out (for summer, I guess. I'm ignorant about these things because I don't have a t.v.) Anyway, they were listing all the shows so that everyone could "plan their evenings and weekends." Are you kidding me? People actually plan their lives around their t.v. shows? Something doesn't seem right about that. It makes me think of something Bryan said on his blog recently: "Go outside; the graphics are amazing." Get real, people!

And this might be one of the grosser things I've read in a long while! Blech.

But for something a little more lighthearted and fun, there's this. How do you put that on your resume?

Good thing for the news. It makes some days quite colorful!

9 Comments:

Blogger heatherfeather said...

lemme know if you want to read something WAY more yucky than that... not from the news, from the world of being a parent! (clearly not my own story)

7:06 AM, June 01, 2007

 
Blogger jay are said...

oooh...bring it on :) (I think!)

7:47 AM, June 01, 2007

 
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

I think of all the friends my DH graduated from law school with, approximately one of them prefers law to doing... anything, probably incl. playing with Legos for a living. Wouldn't that be great!

9:27 AM, June 01, 2007

 
Blogger jay are said...

isn't it great to go into so much debt and then prefer waiting tables to practicing law! ack!!

9:51 AM, June 01, 2007

 
Blogger Unknown said...

So happy about the whales!

Yes, people do plan around TV shows. Fifty or so years ago (well before video recorders) my Uncle Frank planned his Friday evenings so as to be home in time to watch “Wagon Train.”

7:36 AM, June 04, 2007

 
Blogger Crystal said...

why the heck would someone plan their evening around television shows?? that is so dumb!!

especially now with DVR's.

11:12 AM, June 04, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

June 22nd?

http://www.irisdement.com/page/page/3386178.htm

11:53 AM, June 04, 2007

 
Blogger jay are said...

I love Iris....but now I'm curious!!

3:01 PM, June 04, 2007

 
Blogger mreddie said...

Bryan is right, the outside graphics are amazing! ec

7:44 PM, June 05, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home