It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A Is For ARROGANCE

This just steams me. Paris Hilton---the poster girl for Rich, Pampered, Shallow (Useless?)---recently received an appropriate and well-deserved 45-day jail sentence for violating her probation in a reckless-driving case. She clearly thought that because she was PARIS HILTON she would never actually have to follow the rules or get into any trouble if she didn't. A judge saw things differently. And so now panic sets in! You mean I have a consequence for completely and utterly ignoring the law?? You mean I'll have to pay for what I did like some, well, like some commoner????

But get this: Now she's appealing to Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to pardon her. I beg your pardon. Are you kidding me? An online petition from her fans "decries the prospect that such a singular visionary as Paris, who provides beauty and excitement to most of our mundane lives should be caged like a beast." ???? Oh please! And better yet, this: "she provides hope for young people all over the U.S. and the world because of her position as an heiress to a share of the Hilton Hotel fortune." What?? It's never explained how her inherited wealth could possibly in any way benefit those millions of us common folk who live such mundane lives.

And "she provides hope for young people" ??? That makes me want to puke. She's a neon example of what is going to wreck the youth of this generation---the ME ME ME attitude and mindset and lifestyle. A recent video was released showing her flinging racial slurs, calling people names, being condescending, etc....This is providing hope to young people all over the world? She's a nightmare.

I have to believe that the governor of our fine state has more important things to do than to spend FIVE MINUTES considering this ludicrous petition. If she gets a pardon from Schwarzenegger it will be a blatant abuse of his power and make a mockery (yet again) of the legal system. Just say NO, Arnold. You can do it.

16 Comments:

Blogger heatherfeather said...

i laughed out loud when i heard this on the news. i have zero respect for this woman and i think that she does a ton to bring, not excitement and beauty to my mundane life, disgust and shame upon herself and women in general.

10:27 AM, May 09, 2007

 
Blogger jay are said...

amen, sister.

10:38 AM, May 09, 2007

 
Blogger Lisa said...

paris hilton. yuk. That's all I have to say.

12:40 PM, May 09, 2007

 
Blogger Blogball said...

I liked this part of your post.

But get this: Now she's appealing to Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to pardon her. I beg your pardon. Are you kidding me?

I was thinking that the “I beg your pardon” part could have been in quotes as if Paris is pleading with Arnold.

Anyway I agree with you but the problem is she will probably be even more famous after this is all over and orange jump suits will be the latest style craze.

12:46 PM, May 09, 2007

 
Blogger jay are said...

Hah! Sadly, blogball, I think you're probably right. There's no stopping some trains, no matter where they're heading.

2:51 PM, May 09, 2007

 
Blogger Sonia Wetzel Photography said...

She's a hot mess. I'm disgusted with the petition, all of the 'support' her fans are showing. Drunk driving in particular, angers me to no end. She got exactly what she deserves. I was flabbergasted by her mother, Kathy Hilton's comments as well. "After all that money we spent." When Paris' sentence was read Kathy blurted out "Oh! Can I have your autograph?!" to the judge. Seriously.

11:07 AM, May 10, 2007

 
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Paris hasn't brought joy and excitement to your mundane life? Oh, I certainly don't think she should get prison time. She's earned a life filled with Get Out Of Jail Free cards because of all her good deeds. Like saving the environment? promoting world peace? Something in there, I'm sure she's worked really hard on something meaningful. Oh, now I remember. She wrote that amazing tome called "Life of an Heiress" or something. And look, now the Northern Ireland thing is nearly resolved. So there. Her contribution to the 21st century.

2:48 PM, May 10, 2007

 
Blogger jay are said...

I blinked and missed that one (her good deed and contribution, that is)!

3:00 PM, May 10, 2007

 
Blogger mreddie said...

She shouldn't have done the crime if she couldn't do the time. ec

9:05 PM, May 10, 2007

 
Blogger Gina said...

You have just wrote down my own verbal tirade this week. Thanks. Heaven Forbid my daughter EVER look up to her.

1:22 PM, May 11, 2007

 
Blogger unca said...

Well,I'm afraid I can't agree with the sentiment expressed here. To me Paris Hilton represents and will always represent what is good and decent in America--A fine young lass who deserves our respect and admiration. Who among us can honestly say that WE'VE never violated OUR parole while flinging racial slurs and then sought compassion from the governor? What a shame to extinguish this shining light if for only 45 days.

5:05 PM, May 13, 2007

 
Blogger jay are said...

well, unca, you'll be so relieved to know that we'll be without that lovely light for only about half the original time because of prison overcrowding. What a relief! :)

5:39 PM, May 13, 2007

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I think you may be giving Paris too much credit, Jay Are! I don’t think she thought herself above the law; I believe she didn’t “think” at all! Brains are something I don’t believe she inherited.

7:13 PM, May 22, 2007

 
Blogger jay are said...

well, that's a good point you raise, nick.

7:46 PM, May 22, 2007

 
Blogger Dx said...

Sorry about this but who the hell is Paris Hilton?

8:56 AM, May 24, 2007

 
Blogger jay are said...

WHO? What a great thought---that there might actually be someone out there (maybe even a whole bunch of someones) who don't know or care who Paris Hilton is. Can I join your club??

9:11 AM, May 24, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home