It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Busy As A Bee

Any of you who know me and have been to my house know that my husband's office is one room I never want you to enter. It's been such a mess for so long and never seems to get better. It's become the room where anything stray gets dumped, where we put something when we're in a hurry, etc. Sometimes we make some progress in getting it organized, but generally we only get part-way through the process and then hit a snag.

So I sent out an S.O.S. to my dear father-in-law and he came to the rescue. For almost three days we worked, and though we're not totally done, it's a thing of beauty. There's only a half dozen boxes of various sizes with various miscellany to go through and those are sitting in the hallway. They're NOT going back in the office---item by item will be put where it belongs and then we'll be done! I never believed it possible.

And if you don't believe me, come see for yourself.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I'm coming over for a look...and bringing your FIL back home with me. I have a garage that needs some order restored...

9:50 AM, September 07, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

I highly recommend him! I think it must be the German in him or something (maybe the Russian?) but he sticks to a task like glue. I'll send 'im on over! And we'll all come, too, for the party afterwards. :)

10:02 AM, September 07, 2006

 
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

He's available for hire?!! I might even reward him with a ticket to Siberia, since he's the only person I know who'd think that is a reward! (; Doncha just loooove organized places? Yay!

12:02 PM, September 07, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've met FIL (very nice) -- maybe he can help me too!!

happy that your junk room (er, i mean husband's office) is shaping up!

2:14 PM, September 07, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home