It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Monday, August 21, 2006

Wait! Stop Before You Take Another Bite!


(Pardon My Planet comic strip)


Which is precisely my point!! I love this comic. Because who in this world could actually possibly know what Mary looked like? How come no one ever sees a likeness of Elizabeth? Or how about Peter? Herod? Judas? A relative? (I know, I know. I recently posted about this. But this comic brought it to mind again.)

The one that really takes the cake is the most recent "sighting" of Mary in a collection of chocolate drippings. Chocolate drippings. Peek in at a factory in Fountain Valley, California, and you'll see them all gathered around the chocolate drippings bearing the likeness of Biblical Mary, saying prayers and leaving gifts.

Can we all say together: g-u-l-l-i-b-l-e.

I suppose this comes across as harsh and condescending. It just strikes me as so irreverant to think that somehow chocolate drippings or any other like object is going to have some sort of spiritual relevance. And as far as the gullible aspect, I know that there are many people out there who think that anyone with any sort of faith or belief in God is gullible. Be that as it may. I think there's a big difference, however, in having a faith that has proved itself real by personal experience---feeling the power of it in your life---and seeing Bible subjects in food items.

I think I saw my neighbor just yesterday staring at me from out of my cereal bowl.

6 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

lol! I remeber last year, some moron had a cheese sandwhich for sale on ebay, said it was the image of Jesus!

6:43 PM, August 21, 2006

 
Blogger Lisa said...

one of my DH's relatives just sent us a toast imprinter...you press it on bread and then toast it....viola! It's the Virgin Mary. It's called Holy Toast. We are leaving toast everywhere, just for fun!!

6:45 PM, August 21, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

great idea. Think how many people's day you're going to make!!

6:59 PM, August 21, 2006

 
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

I know who your neighbor is and I'd be worried if his face floated in the bowl of cereal. Are you OK? (; On a more serious note, I saw a woman in the mirror this morning who scared me. But I don't think her image would earn me cash on ebay.

9:42 PM, August 21, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what's ol' John doing in your cereal? : )

10:21 PM, August 21, 2006

 
Blogger Sonia Wetzel Photography said...

*Snort!* I just snarfed milk up my nose, lol.

10:46 PM, August 21, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home