It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The First Rain

In ways that are unexplainable, while the gray made me feel gray, the first rain of the season has made me feel happy. I actually love this season and there's something about the rain that can be extremely cozy and intimate and wonderful. One of the loneliest and yet most lovely sounds to me is the sound of tires on a rainy street. And then the sound of the rain against the roof and against the windows while you're warm and comfortable inside....*sigh*. I know rain can get old, and I couldn't live with it constantly. But that first rain---it's almost always a welcome guest.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

This is more how I feel this time of year. I think it has something to do with my obsession with boots and turtlenecks, but I just love when the weather turns rainy and cool. Last year when everyone was complaining about the long rainy season, I was still enjoying it immensely.

On the other hand, there is actually a syndrome called Seasonal Affective Disorder (that's SAD, for those of you who appreciate irony). Treatment with light therapy is very effective for it.

11:38 AM, October 05, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is my favorite time of year also. the sound of rain is sort of comforting (as long as I'M safe and dry).

10:45 AM, October 06, 2006

 
Blogger Rob said...

You wouldn't think rain was so cool if you had to shovel it all winter as a child.
Wait, that's snow. Never mind, I'll just take my old-person lecture somewhere else...

3:43 AM, October 07, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

snow, rain...too much of either one can drive a person batty.

8:42 AM, October 07, 2006

 
Blogger Michelle said...

I actually love the rain. Sad thing is here, it doesn't just rain...its either nothing or in torrents :(

7:14 PM, October 07, 2006

 
Blogger Alan said...

I always look forward to the first sun of the season.

5:38 AM, October 08, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home