It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Friday, September 15, 2006

DisGRACEful


(A face that only....well, you know.)

I've only watched Nancy Grace once or twice when I've been at a hotel or something, so I agree that I'm not exactly an expert on the topic. She struck me as a bit tabloid-ish at the time. But after recently hearing about a young mother, her missing son and the bashing she received from Nancy Grace, I'm completely disgusted.

Apparently young Trenton Duckett, 2, has been missing for over two weeks. His mother, Melinda, claims that he was taken from his bed in the night. Subsequent investigation has caused somewhat of a cloud of suspicion to fall over the 20-year-old mother, but so far nothing has been determined and little Trenton is still missing. Any parent's worst nightmare.

So Nancy Grace, having already decided Melinda is guilty of doing something with her son, hounds Melinda, accuses her, pounds her fist on the table demanding to know where Melinda was in the hours prior to her son's disappearance, badgers her about why she isn't telling more (apparently she has been told by an attorney not to discuss it), and all but comes out and accuses her of murdering her son. The following day, Melinda commits suicide.

Okay. I have to say that if a child of mine had gone missing, you'd have to shoot me before I'd stop searching the ends of the earth. No way would I remove myself if there was a chance of him coming back to me. So this indeed seems a little odd, almost like an admission of guilt. HOWEVER. No-one can know what her mental state was at this time. No-one knows yet what happened. Except, apparently, Nancy Grace. Was she the prosecuting attorney? Was this a court of law? Had Melinda been tried by a jury? Had a judge handed down a sentence? Under whose authority did Nancy Grace have the nerve to be all---judge, jury, convictor?

A quote from unrepentant Nancy Grace: "Long story short, Trenton Duckett is still missing...and now police are agreeing with me." Oh please. So the poor bumbling police were headed in the wrong direction until Nancy Grace came to their rescue.

Like I said, I don't know much about Nancy Grace or her legal history, etc. But from what I've recently seen and read, I know all that I care to know. Whether Melinda Duckett is guilty of tragic wrongdoing regarding her son or she isn't, Nancy Grace was still out of line.

And that's my opinion. The end.

7 Comments:

Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

I read about that too. Having never seen/heard Nancy Grace on TV I have to say I was disgusted. What is up with the Salem Witch Trials re-enacted for the 21st century? Where has kindness gone today?

1:23 PM, September 15, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

also read about this. tho the circumstances were suspicious-sounding, i too, was appalled at the persecution by nancy grace of this young woman and the subsequent tragic event.

1:33 PM, September 15, 2006

 
Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds rather disgusting. The woman is a reporter not a damn judge, she should stick to doing what she does best (that's questionable) and report!

2:47 PM, September 15, 2006

 
Blogger Rob said...

I'm reminded of the story about the radio host who, after being asked about something outrageous he'd just said on air, replied "See that phone bank? My job is to make all those little red lights go on."

I'm not sure Grace's job is just to report -- I think it's also to make the red lights go on.
Which of course doens't absolve her, at least AFAIC.

Maybe she's just mad about being given that big chin.

9:13 AM, September 18, 2006

 
Blogger Rob said...

And maybe she took her anger out on her eyebrows...

9:13 AM, September 18, 2006

 
Blogger Crystal said...

it disgusts me that society allows people like her to be famous. grr.

this is a link to an interview with elizabeth smart - and nancy grace gets shut down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x8ARIxg51I

it's awesome that a teenager was able to tell her to stuff it.

10:56 AM, September 18, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

That was awesome! But did you notice how she still managed to make it a fault in Elizabeth Smart that she didn't want to talk about it: "Oh, I'm sorry, I just thought you'd want to reach out to other victims." Gag. Bravo, Elizabeth, for keeping your ground.

2:59 PM, September 18, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home