It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Monday, April 17, 2006

It Is The Kind Of Frustrating

that makes me want to pull every hair out of my head one at a time (and I have a lot of hair).

Gone missing is a library book. It is due tomorrow. I finished the book (The Rug Merchant, by the way) a day last week. I distinctly remember finishing it, giving it a toss (onto my bed? where??) and even saying aloud, "well, that was alright." I wasn't so crazy about how it ended. Wasn't a terrible ending but didn't leave me feeling very satisfied.

That's nothing compared to how I'm feeling now. Somewhere within about 25 feet of me is a library book that's having the last laugh. I have searched high and low. I have re-searched. I have searched even yet again. Nowhere. And it wouldn't be so bad if this was the first library book that has disappeared, but it is not. Where do they go? Are they with the socks that get lost in the wash? I don't get it. How does a book disappear? It's driving me absolutely bonkers.

So now I get to pay for a book that I don't want, wouldn't even read again if I could find it and will probably not locate until some long-lost day when I'm going through some drawer and it appears, smug and useless. Ergh!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I feel your pain; we need to come up with re-usable, remote tracking devices for these things, like the handsets on our telephones. Lose the book? Beep, beep, beep!!! Gotta run, go patent this idea!

7:16 AM, April 18, 2006

 
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Ha! I love the thought of all the read-and now paid for library books sitting together silently chuckling as you look for them madly. i write off my over due and lost item fees as my library membership dues. Makes me feel like I'm really donating to a worthy cause (and if the book wasn't that great, there's some community service to be had since no one else will have to suffer through it)... My husband doesn't see it that way... shocker.

12:53 PM, April 18, 2006

 
Blogger Michelle said...

OOOooo i feel your pain too. I had the same thing happen with a rented dvd, it was a shit movie, and i lost it (still not found it) and had to buy it Urrrrggghh!!

4:08 PM, April 18, 2006

 
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

It will probably turn up, once you have wasted your money and paid for it !!! Darn !!!

9:50 PM, April 18, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This particular book may be found under the bed on your husband's side covered by a stnky sock. There will be no charge for this information. Signed, "The Finder"

2:04 AM, May 10, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home