It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Sunday, March 26, 2006

The Smell Of Happy

When I step outside my front door, I can smell the sweet scent of jasmine. It grows up over the door to my right (my husband's office door), and there have been seasons where I couldn't smell it at all. But this year it has decided to bestow us the privilege of its scent.

As soon as I smell it, I instantly think of summer and warmth and contentment. I'm transported to no place in particular but where those three ingredients are thick and present. I think I'll sit right there on the porch and not move for the next couple of months.

9 Comments:

Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Mmmmm, I love the smell of jasmine. It is so sweet and wonderful. Enjoy. Take care, Meow

2:41 AM, March 27, 2006

 
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

This sounds heavenly; I love jasmine. Lilacs are more prevalent here, can harldy wait for them to bloom now.

6:14 AM, March 27, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree -- the smell of jasmine is wonderful! i love plants/flowers -- i just can't take care of them. it's best (for the plants) that i leave them back at the nursery...

1:29 PM, March 27, 2006

 
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Not to mention the fact that you house has a lovely bit of the plant kingdom growing like wildfire around your front door!! I have house and garden envy!

4:03 PM, March 27, 2006

 
Blogger mreddie said...

It is so odd how different scents can transport us mentally to another place and time. Enjoy those aromas. ec

6:09 PM, March 27, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

:) it needs some help at the moment! Spring needs to spring so that I can get out there and put things back in order. Plant some new stuff...trim back the old.

6:24 PM, March 27, 2006

 
Blogger Unknown said...

What a wonderful smell and wonderful thought! I look forward to warmth—soon!

8:34 PM, March 27, 2006

 
Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds delicous! Mine has just started flowering too!

9:41 PM, March 27, 2006

 
Blogger heatherfeather said...

mmmm.... jasmine...

10:00 PM, March 28, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home