It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Found!!

The lost has been found! My wedding ring is no longer playing the field and will soon be back on my finger.

Almost two weeks ago we spent the night at my parents' place (they live about an hour away). It was a three-day weekend and it was easier to stay there Sunday night than drive home late. We stayed in one of their guest rooms, had a good night's sleep, went about our business the next day and so on. Unbeknownst to me, however, my ring decided to stay. The mystery is how it ended up in the bed where we were sleeping and why I didn't notice I wasn't wearing it. I don't know how it could've fallen off; it isn't loose really. Did I take it off before I went to bed (which I sometimes do because my hands swell a little at night often)? Did I put it on the bedside table and then somehow accidentally sweep it into the bed while I was making it? Seems unlikely. Did I take it off but was so tired my arm didn't make it all the way to the nightstand and I fell asleep before I could get it there? Hmmm. Unlikely scenarios.

The great news is that it doesn't matter why it's there, only that it is and I'll be getting it back this Sunday. Woo-hoo! I'm married again.

13 Comments:

Blogger heatherfeather said...

while that is good news, i really wanted to hear how your ring liked bishkek...

3:07 AM, March 04, 2006

 
Blogger Michelle said...

So glad it was found :), you don't have to feel nekkid anymore!

3:53 AM, March 04, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

**I think my ring is going to keep mum about bishkek...I think there's more to the story there that we're never going to hear....
**and it IS nice to feel fully clothed now! :)

4:37 AM, March 04, 2006

 
Blogger unca said...

I think you had a dream where you were about to be married. You took off your ring so you could put it on during the ceremony and then woke up before the vows were completed. Makes sense to me.

7:46 AM, March 04, 2006

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I glad to hear that your ring has returned from the land of Misplaced Jewelry! So it was hiding in a bed at your parents’ house? I wonder if there was any malicious enchantment influencing it?

5:37 PM, March 04, 2006

 
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Yay, that's good news. Shame it didn't send you a postcard to tell you of it's travels !!

3:16 AM, March 05, 2006

 
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Yay! Great news! Congratulations on being married...again. :)
Lois Lane

10:14 AM, March 07, 2006

 
Blogger Crystal said...

maybe your wedding ring was sick of being married for a little while and decided to take a sabaticcal while you slept.

9:23 AM, March 08, 2006

 
Blogger Sonia Wetzel Photography said...

I am SO GLAD to hear that!

9:56 AM, March 08, 2006

 
Blogger mreddie said...

It has always amazed me as to how inanimate objects can crawl away and hide. With me it is usually the one tool that I need the worst. :) Congrats on finding it again. ec

6:16 AM, March 10, 2006

 
Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Whoo-Hoo! You found it!

I take off all of my jewelry in my sleep. When I was married, I'd often wake up with imprint of my rings aching in my back, and I still have to hunt for earrings and necklaces.

11:00 PM, March 11, 2006

 
Blogger Sonia Wetzel Photography said...

Hey! Where are you?! Did your counter tops multiply? Are you chasing little baby Granite slabs all over your house?

12:07 PM, March 13, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

pretty much!! They're fast little buggers!
I've been so boring lately...and haven't taken time to share all my boringness.

12:49 AM, March 14, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home