It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Sunday, April 16, 2006

I Wanna Be A Cowgirl*

*from the song "Cowgirl" by Sandy Rogers.

Over the weekend, we took our two youngest boys to the rodeo and to the adjacent carnival. It was a fun time.

I haven't been to a rodeo in years. I think I liked the barrel racing best---mostly because it didn't involve any back-breaking, bone-jarring bucking nor did it involve any throwing of harmless calves onto the ground and tying them up.

And *sigh* I realized this again: there's just somethin' about a cowboy...

9 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

You betcha, it's those tight buns in a pair of Levis!

1:25 AM, April 17, 2006

 
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Yee-haaaaa !!

4:48 AM, April 17, 2006

 
Blogger Lois Lane said...

There isn't much more I'd rather have my eyeballs on than a cowboy or ten. :D
Lois Lane

10:25 AM, April 17, 2006

 
Blogger Sonia Wetzel Photography said...

I love the rodeo! My mom rides in a mounted drill team, she's a rodeo Grandma! We go to watch her perform. My husband HATES horses and I didn't think I'd get him to go to the rodeo with me on our camping trip a few years ago. Until he realized he could sit in a lawn chair and drink beer. Now he insists on going.

11:27 AM, April 17, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

hey, the cowgirl who won the barrel racing was a grandma!! I couldn't believe it. Maybe it was your mom, DDM :)

and yeah, Lois---one, ten, fifteen. Sigh.

12:09 PM, April 17, 2006

 
Blogger Lisa said...

I can't believe it -- I live in a rodeo town and have NEVER been. You can tell when it's rodeo time, though, because driving down the road your vision is obscured by all the ten gallon hats!! (Never mind being distracted by all the Wrangler jeans). :) Lisa....

12:19 PM, April 17, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

yeah, several of the cowboys were from your town, as a matter of fact....ya shoulda been there!

1:19 PM, April 17, 2006

 
Blogger Unknown said...

When I was a kid I wanted to be a cowboy. Then, as an adult, I visited the West and decided I did not want to shepherd cows.

9:35 PM, April 17, 2006

 
Blogger Kylee said...

yeah there just is.

9:57 PM, April 17, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home