It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Various And Sunday

As you can see from the previous photos, I had a beautiful time in Colorado. It was great to see my friend again and her family. Her little boy couldn't quite get my name figured out, so he spent the weekend calling me "Jacket". I miss waking up to "Hey Jacket!" and even miss hearing the lament, "Noooo Jacket" whenever he wasn't feeling so chipper and I made the mistake of looking at him! :) What a cutie. He'll probably be driving a car by the time I get to see him again. Here's baby and Jacket boy...





Thanksgiving was great. All of my husband's family was there, which doesn't happen very often, and my parents were there as well. It was a fun, wild, loud, crazy gathering. Best of all, there was plenty of food! I'm paying for it now. I suppose I wasn't alone in overeating, and I expect to see the gym quite busy when I manage to haul my carcass over there.

While I was in Colorado, I received word that my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer. The dreaded "C" word. Apparently it's been caught early and is treatable, but he'll know more when he goes back to the doctor this Wednesday and they discuss the results of all his tests, bone scan, etc. It's always a bit fearsome when you realize again that your parents are mortal.

As we've known since before Halloween practically, Christmas is just around the corner. I'm hoping that my family will manage to get to the snow sometime during the break---not that I'm a big lover of cold but my kids are feeling snow-deprived. There are snowballs itching to be made.

It's a busy time of year: birthdays, holidays, too much eating, fun times, etc. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and have fun things planned for upcoming festivities.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sonia Wetzel Photography said...

I'm so sorry about your Dad's new diagnosis....sending good thoughts Jay Are.

11:40 AM, November 27, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey those are really cute pictures! :) We loved having you.

We'll be thinking about your dad too, please let us know how things go.

Glad TDay was fun, wish we could have seen all of you too!

2:23 PM, November 27, 2006

 
Blogger si said...

best wishes and good thots to your dad!

glad you had a great thanksgiving.

3:47 PM, November 27, 2006

 
Blogger mreddie said...

Cute kid photos. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving to me. Sorry about your Dad's condition, hopefully the treatment will cure him just fine. ec

4:01 PM, November 27, 2006

 
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

Sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis. Hope it is all still treatable ... I have my fingers crossed for you.
Take care, Meow

7:42 PM, November 27, 2006

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I’ve put your dad on my prayer list.

9:19 PM, November 27, 2006

 
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

I love this time of year... the business, the lights, even (for a little teeny bit) the cold.
Thinking good thoughts about your dad... hope all goes as best as it can. The C word is a bad one, esp when it's used in the same sentance as someone close to you...

5:29 PM, December 02, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home