It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Friday, November 03, 2006

Not For All The Money In The World

....well, maybe for ALL the money in the world. I'm not sure. But the thing is, I'm afraid of heights. The older I get, the worse it gets. It must be something in the genes, because my grandma was afraid of heights, I now am, and my oldest son is. Very strange. Anyway, the deal is, there's a new bridge---a glass bridge, mind you---being built at the Grand Canyon. Probably y'all have heard about it. What I know is that you couldn't pay me enough money to set foot on it, I don't care how strong it is, how many packed Boeing airplanes could be on it, how strong a wind could blow it.....no thanks.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed.

5:07 PM, November 03, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breathtaking.......especially if it falls!

5:27 PM, November 03, 2006

 
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Makes me ill just to see that picture. I don't really need to know what it would look like if i fell into the grand canyon I guess.

8:59 PM, November 03, 2006

 
Blogger Rob said...

you can be sure when i go on it i'm not going to ever put my full weight down...

1:07 AM, November 04, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YIKES!!! You wouldn't catch me dead on that...well maybe only dead because I wouldn't have any say in the matter.

7:13 AM, November 04, 2006

 
Blogger mreddie said...

The older I get, the more I don't care for heights - could have a little to do with the ladder fall I took in '02. :) ec

8:51 AM, November 04, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

with you here, too. 'fraid of heights (but mostly falling from said heights)...

12:37 PM, November 04, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would definitely do that for money. :)

12:50 PM, November 04, 2006

 
Blogger SoozeSchmooze said...

Some people will do ANYTHING for money.. ;) but actually I have walked on the sundial bridge up in Redding that is a really cool bridge..it is so think it is not like you can really see through it..I am thinking this one will be completely safe...they have to be sure before any turkey can waddle across it.. :) anyway..the wind would be something to consider...I don't love heights either...but the funny thing about that is I was all the way up on a hot air balloon ride once when the pilot says "you're not afraid of heights are you?" I swallowed my tongue and said "actually I am" I had not given it one thought as I jumped in the big basket...but it was cool...I just did no leaning over the edge or anything...lol...

6:46 PM, November 05, 2006

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I, too, have this thing about heights: when I’ve looked down from the Empire State Building or the Washing Monument or the edge of the Grand Canyon, I’ve had this urge to… jump. Crazy, huh?

9:02 PM, November 05, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home