It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Monday, November 06, 2006

In A Flash, Life Changes

This afternoon, about an hour and a half ago, we got word that my husband's cousin, "A", lost her husband in a sort of freak accident. It had just happened about a half hour before that. They don't live far from us, they're young---maybe early 40's. Sketchy details revealed that they think he might've had a heart attack while driving. He was a very fit and healthy guy, not a candidate for a sudden heart attack. But just like that, life's path is completely altered.

I've been enjoying the blog that A recently started; I've enjoyed her comments on my blog. She's posted some of her poetry, and her writing is very thought-provoking and deep---some of the poems have dark edges. I think life hasn't always been a rosy, sun-filled path for A; just a sense I've gotten. And now this. I'm sure she's in shock, numb....and then how unmoored she'll probably feel, set adrift. My husband and I stand by, waiting to hear if we can help in any way. Meanwhile, I'm sobered again to remember that in a flash, life changes.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry to hear this news. your b-i-l conveyed this to me (w/o some of the details). it's truly hard to comprehend how quickly things can turn for a person.

i have also enjoyed A's blog (not responded to anything as of yet). my thoughts are with her (and your whole family).

4:06 PM, November 06, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you! You say it so well that life changes in an instant. Good reminder to do what's right.

Sorry I haven't commented before... been reading your blog and enjoying it.

4:20 PM, November 06, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite a thing. Easy just to take tomorrow for granted. Like Dana said, makes you want to do what's right while we can. We'll be thinking of all of you too.

4:52 PM, November 06, 2006

 
Blogger mreddie said...

So sorry for you and your family. And it is so true how fast life changes, scripture even calls life a vapor. ec

5:19 PM, November 06, 2006

 
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

I'm sorry to hear this sad news. It must be a very difficult time for you all. My thoughts go out to you.
Take care, hugs, Meow

8:33 PM, November 06, 2006

 
Blogger Sonia Wetzel Photography said...

I am so sorry Jay Are. I am so sorry for A. ((hugs))

9:45 PM, November 06, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you and the family.

9:07 PM, November 07, 2006

 
Blogger Andi said...

Today is the first day I've had time to check your blog since B died. Yes, he did have a heart attack. There were no prior symptoms. I will be writing as I can at Dandiland--some dark edges, but hopefully some bright ones, too.

11:52 PM, November 18, 2006

 
Blogger jay are said...

thinking of you, andi.

11:04 AM, November 19, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home