It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Perfect Gift

I mentioned recently about the perfect birthday I had. Well, with the previous post in mind (those disgustingly talented babies, remember?) and with a perfect birthday celebration in memory, I have to mention one (of the many) perfect gifts I received.

Remember I mentioned how my cousin got me a guitar and I've never learned to play? Well, that cousin was at my birthday party. Also, that cousin reads my blog. Her gift: the first of a series of guitar lessons. She called three different instructors in my area, talked to all of them, got all the information I would need, gave me their numbers and the money with which to start on this guitar-learning journey. Isn't that awesome!! Now I have no excuses.

Incidentally, today is HER birthday! Wish I could have given her as perfect a gift as she gave me. Well, next year it's her big 4-0 and so I have a year, I suppose, to think of it.

10 Comments:

Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

That is, quite frankly, a very perfect gift. Good luck on your end, thinking of one for her. And those kids?! Mind blowing. I love how bored they look!

9:09 PM, August 15, 2007

 
Blogger Lisa said...

ahem...just for the record, said cousin didn't actually remember she was the one who bought you the guitar in the first place! She would have been really cool if she'd have remembered that and made all the connections as nicely as you did in this post! :)

9:34 PM, August 15, 2007

 
Blogger jay are said...

:) doesn't matter really. The facts are the facts. Thanks, dood!!

11:58 PM, August 15, 2007

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful gift! I welcome you to the company of us guitarists.

2:56 AM, August 18, 2007

 
Blogger Rob said...

nice present.
also, a very nice guitar to play -- low action, nice sound -- so as soon as you get some callouses (sp) going, you'll be playing in comfort...
PS. rub your fingertips on every rough surface you pass all day long... :-)

11:15 PM, August 18, 2007

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I love that you are going to learn to play guitar! A great and rewarding endeavor. Will you post little songs here? There is that audio post feature still, right?

3:53 PM, August 19, 2007

 
Blogger jay are said...

oh wow...little songs. let's hope I ever get that far!! I plan to but I suspect that might be a while in the coming. Hopefully sooner than later but no one should be holding any quantities of breath.

6:39 PM, August 19, 2007

 
Blogger heatherfeather said...

i will hold my breath for such postings.

starting..................................................................................................

NOW.

:)

8:47 AM, August 22, 2007

 
Blogger Crystal said...

your haird is beeyooteeful.

1:23 PM, August 22, 2007

 
Blogger si said...

what a great gift! really, no excuses now! (easy for me to say since i haven't gotten either a guitar or lessons...) :)

8:10 PM, August 22, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home