It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Drip Drip Drip

Did I mention that it's hot?

That it's unbelievably hot?

I can't believe how hot it's been lately. This beautiful area where I live isn't supposed to get this hot. I think it's like a rule or a law or something. The weather is usually mild and pleasant, and so we're woefully unprepared for this bloomin' blasted heat.

PLUS!! our air-conditioner isn't working. Today it was 91 degrees INSIDE OUR HOUSE!

So that dripping sound you hear? It's the lot of us, sweating our entire bodies into little puddles (or maybe bigger-than-little puddles. If you know what I mean).

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I'd kill for 91! It's only 55 here, it's freezing...lets swap!

2:34 AM, July 23, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about 110? and maybe higher today!

my sister is in the bay area (no air conditioning). it's been in the 90's, and maybe being so close to the water, it's humid on top of. she's miserable (and therefore whiny), which makes conversations with her pretty one-dimensional.

hope for cooler everywhere soon! i'd even take the 90's here. hope your "blanket" is able to be put away soon (it doesn't help the mood when it's so blasted hot).

10:07 AM, July 23, 2006

 
Blogger Sonia Wetzel Photography said...

OY! I'm in freaking Washington State, the land of Mucho Raino. It was 95 degrees F here yesterday!!! Today it was 87. HOLY COW! I'm thanking whomeverIbelievein for our neighbors' inground pool. We've spent at least 4 hours a day in it, for the last 3 days. Air conditioning? We don't do that 'round here. I'm thinking that Bugga and I might sleep in our travel trailer tonight, which DOES have AC.

6:53 PM, July 23, 2006

 
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

I'm with you! OK,OK I get it! Global warming for real and it's happening right now!! 115 deg. here yesterday, and we're shooting for 110 today. I think these numbers are supposed to be for places with names like Mumbai, Baghdad and Tel Anything. Hot.

1:32 PM, July 24, 2006

 
Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said...

goodness, hope you get the AC repaired.
Stay cool, Meow

12:42 AM, July 25, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home