It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Catching Up

It's been brought to my attention by several that I haven't posted in awhile. And there's a VERY good reason for that: I have nothing interesting to say.

There have been no more "episodes" with my son; no more seizures or whatever they were. We're hoping that the slight adjustment made to his processor fixed the problem. There are a few who think we should still get EEG's and so on, but we haven't moved in that direction. Seems like things are fine, and I'm not sure if I want to go through or have him go through a bunch of tests if they're not necessary. Of course, I understand that we might not know if they're necessary until we've actually done them and confirmed that one way or the other, but for now we're coasting with the status quo.

My oldest and my husband made it back safe and sound from Ecuador. They had a memorable trip and it's been fun to hear some of their stories and see pictures. In many ways, Ecuador is a beautiful country but it's amazing to see how far behind they are from our standard of living. There but for the randomness of birth go I. If that makes sense.

My husband managed to catch some sort of mysterious digestive something, however. He's only now recovering and feeling up-to-speed. I don't know if it was a parasite or some other bacterial monstrosity, but I know he suffered like he hasn't before! I think it may be taken care of now. He managed, of course, to lose about fifteen pounds during the whole experience. Maybe I could have that for a day or two.......nah. Maybe not.

The rest of summer seems to be full of various visitors, so that'll be fun. My ability to remain relatively unstressed will be tested somewhat, I have a feeling. I so wish I was one of those people who LOVED to entertain, who never cared what condition the house was in or what the kids were doing to it. I have all those abilities/characteristics to a point. I just wish the point was further out. But anyway, I'm looking forward to some good times, and then school will be here before we even know it. Maybe THEN I'll get back to my workout routine. I know that as of now it's seriously in the toilet.

Well, like I said at the beginning, I don't have anything interesting to share. I hope you didn't fall asleep at your computer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Me asleep??? Never! Glad your all well, finally :o)

4:53 AM, July 13, 2006

 
Blogger Left Coast Sister said...

Glad you're BAAA-CK!! Glad they had a wondertrip and that the episodes have subsided. Bored? Are you kidding? Boredom simply doesn't procede out of your home, believe me, I've been there!

11:13 PM, July 13, 2006

 
Blogger Sonia Wetzel Photography said...

I'm so glad you're back! And even more glad that your son hasn't had a recurrence of his scary episode. I hope the adjustment to his processor fixed it! Fingers and toes crossed for him.
You have never, ever written a boring post. And if you don't have a lot to write about sometimes? That is good, no? I'm hopeful for the day that there isn't drama to write about here. :-) I'll take your posts whenever I can get them. You have an amazing, soothing quality about you.

9:26 PM, July 16, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad that there were no other incidents with your son (hopefully the adjustments took care of them). since i like the way you write/think, i would *never* consider your posts boring or uninteresting!

8:38 PM, July 17, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home