It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Thursday, November 17, 2005

That's What Happens When You're Mean

Your head feels like it's going to explode. You have pain that goes down one side of your jaw and your throat hurts too much on that side to swallow. That's what you get for saying mean things about a woman at the gym who was just a little too loud (see below). Maybe that's just what happens when you're not nice. Or maybe you've been getting way too little sleep and your body is about to dissolve or implode or both. Either way, the two Tylenol aren't working, and the only thing left is to hope that punishment for meanness isn't another night of little sleep.

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

My goodness, get well soon. Be kind to yourself :)

10:27 PM, November 17, 2005

 
Blogger Sonia Wetzel Photography said...

I'm a believer in Karma. However, if what you said about the Flibbertegibbit at the gym was mean enough to get sick over? I would be DEAD. You may have felt mean while writing it, I just picked up on the annoyance. AND, I would have been annoyed too. Here's a thought....I've had a nasty post rolling around in my head that I've hesitated to compose because of the possible repurcussions. Maybe my mean thoughts are being rewarded with a sore throat and a pounding headache?
I happen to be sick myself, and am totally feeling your pain. Switch to Ibuprofen, it may help with the swelling and the pain.

10:43 PM, November 17, 2005

 
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Hahaha! Um... no, mean thoughts can't do all that but clenching your jaw to keep yourself from bashing her loud mouth in could. :)
Have a great weekend!
Lois Lane

8:20 AM, November 18, 2005

 
Blogger the mama said...

good point, lois! hope you're feeling better soon!

1:08 PM, November 18, 2005

 
Blogger jay are said...

well, I'm glad to be relieved of my duty to suffer reproach! Thanks! I feel better already; all symptoms gone.

3:26 PM, November 19, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home