It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Kids Can Make Ya Nuts

In a million different ways they can. Here's one:

I mentioned that my two younger sons are deaf. When they take a shower, they have to take off their cochlear implant processors. Once the processors are off, they hear nothing. Nada. So, off one of them goes to the shower. Time passes. I'll be thinking to myself, "That's an awfully long shower" when suddenly I'll notice him sitting and reading a comic book or some such thing! ????? He's left the flippin' water running!! Who knows how long he's been done with his shower! Who knows how long the water's just been flowing down the drain! He couldn't hear it, forgot that the water has to actually be turned off (hel-loooo!) and so there goes our water bill. Ka-ching. Not to mention the waste.

My oldest son just takes that long of a shower. Which is another story.

Nuts, I tell ya. Nuts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

My daughter takes forever in the shower. Not before doing a song and dance about why she has to have one in the first place, and how unfair it is that she will miss the Simpsons! Forget she's seen every episode 20 times! Then when she's in there, she sits on the floor and plays with her toys and the water for half an hour!
Oh to be 9 again!

3:42 AM, November 10, 2005

 
Blogger Rob said...

my son does the same, and he's 12.
can't get him in, then can't get him out.
and he sits on the floor of the tub playing with his action figures. or at least, he used to. there might be another action figure taking his attention these days...

2:14 PM, November 10, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home