It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Is There A Pill I Can Take?

Is there anyone on the planet more disorganized than I am or a bigger procrastinator? I think not. I can never find anything I need. I have a pile of papers yay high and it must be organized, like, last week. At any given time, there is something I'm doing instead of the dozens of things I'm supposed to be doing. This leads to feelings of lethargy, guilt, defeat.

I love the idea of clean, organized, spartan space. Love it. But clearly I'm allergic to it. Is there a cure? There's a great website called Flylady but I've found that you actually have to do the stuff to make progress. There's always a catch somewhere.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

I have nothing to say about this post.
But I wanted to say that altho I don't comment enough, I really like your blog and I'm glad you write it.
The End.

1:25 PM, November 08, 2005

 
Blogger jay are said...

and you've just made my day! high praise indeed.

1:56 PM, November 08, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd say that i can rival you! i've always said that i'm a very organized person -- inside...really! actually, i can usually find stuff at work (even with stacks piled -- ask bryan about my "piles"). home on the other hand, well, that's a different story. i do drive everyone around me nuts.

the process/"doing" of organization seems to be beyond me most of the time. i'm not sure of a pill but i'm sure looking for a magic wand (or cleaning fairies) of some sort...

5:36 PM, November 08, 2005

 
Blogger unca said...

I looked at flylady's site and it made me tired. Lesson: when you feel like organizing, just lie down until that feeling goes away.

8:10 PM, November 08, 2005

 
Blogger jay are said...

Hey, now that's something I can probably manage. I like how you think!

8:47 PM, November 08, 2005

 
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh boy, i think you'd dislike me! I am obsessive compulsive about everything! Fly lady is a laugh, it's a real fun site and for those who could do with some assistance its good fun!

10:40 PM, November 08, 2005

 
Blogger jay are said...

on the contrary! I wish I was just like you if that means I'd be neat and tidy and orderly and organized. I'd do that in a minute if all it required was a cleaning fairy or magic wand, like si suggested. I'm all for that.

10:58 PM, November 08, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home