It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Shhhhh!

For over a week now I've had no voice. I've lost my voice before but never for this long. Usually after a day or two, all is back to normal. Not this time. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's getting a little frustrating. Efforts to talk only seem to make things worse and result in a lot of frustration for me---trying to talk---and for whomever it is I'm trying to talk to. My kids don't seem to be overly sad that Mom can barely talk above a whisper.

What's been kind of amusing though is how many times I've labored to say something to someone and find that they start whispering back to me. Usually these exchanges are rather short, but it's been a funny thing to observe. Why are you whispering? I want to ask but don't want to embarrass them. Only once did someone realize she was whispering back and kind of grinned sheepishly.

Try it sometime. It's a fun little experiment.

2 Comments:

Blogger heatherfeather said...

your voice sounds fine to me!

oh, wait...

:)

7:23 PM, October 30, 2005

 
Blogger jay are said...

hee :) I now actually can speak above a whisper. Now, though, I sound like a heavy smoker. Just what I wanted!

8:38 PM, October 30, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home