It takes a spot of courage to stand up tall and a bit of derring-do to rise when you fall

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

How much did you say??

So today I paid over $3 for the first time for gas. Choke---gasp---wheeze.....sigh. What's a person to do? I can remember when I couldn't believe that I was paying over $2 for gas. And that wasn't very long ago. It seemed terrible and yet was clearly only a speedbump on the landscape. I imagine $3 will be too. At what point is it too much and it's time to find other means of getting around? Since public transportation here isn't exactly what it could be, maybe that point will never come. We won't be able to buy much except gas. That naked family you see driving down the road, eating roots and berries: that'd be us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home